The Crime Watch application is a winner at the AT&T hackathon in Orlando, FL, which took place on the 5th of December, 2011. The working title of the app at the time was "OPD Live".
The main goal of this application is to show the police activity in the major metropolitan areas in near real time. The information is presented on an interactive map, which makes it very convenient to see where the crime incidents are taking place. The current version of Crime Watch only shows the activity of the Orlando Police Department. We are working on adding new cities. This process will not take overnight and our plan is to roll out the new cities and agencies as they become ready for prime time.
- Display the crime and police activity in near real time.
- The incidents are plotted on an interactive map on the corresponding locations where they have occurred.
- An alternative list view is available for easier sorting or serach of the incidents.
- The last four hours of crime activity is displayed.
- An automatic reverse geocoding, which displays the full address of the crime site.
- The current version only displays the police activity of the Orlando Police Department.